Saturday, November 27, 2010

A sea of purple


This look was a little bit more complicated than what I usualy do but I will explain it step by step.
I used Sally Hansen's Deep Purple from their Xtreme Wear collection as a base.  Like most of their polishes, it was very easy to apply, smooth, and opaque in 2 coats.
We are going to apply a tape diagonally to each finger and then use our base color to paint the nail.



Then, we are going to stamp our nail with a swirly design from image plate bm19 and a Silver Foil Nail Polish (Finger Paints Easel come, easel go).  Remove the tape carefully and slowly to protect your design.
Apply silver glitter to the line that divides your design and your naked nail with a fine brush.  I used Kiss Nail Art Paint in Silver Glitter.  If you are shaky like me, you need to do this slowly so you can get a straight line.  Finish it with a nice and glossy top coat, like Seche Vite.

After removing the tape
Apply a thin line of silver glitter and voila! 


Nail Polishes that I used from start to finish!

1 comment:

  1. this looks AMAZING! i will definately attempt to recreate it! =) keep 'em coming..!

    ReplyDelete